As the saying goes, when life gives you lemons, make lemonades! This past weekend’s freezing rain had us seriously homebound, which is why we decided to have a family craft session.
You may have noticed that we have a penchant for stars? That’s why, even though we know we aren’t the first to make magnetic bookmarks, we just couldn’t resist making our own variation, for our starry-eyed friends.
The great news is that these are really easy to make, especially with the help of our printable bookmark template.
Here is what you will need:
- Use our printable template to cut four circles of white felt, one blue rectangular strip, and two yellow stars.
- Use your glue gun to stick each end of your rectangular strip onto the center of a white circle.
- Glue a magnet onto the center of one of the white circles you have just connected to the strip. Do the same at the other end of the strip with the second magnet, but be very careful to position the second magnet so that the two sides will attract each other, and not repel each other.
- Dot each circle with glue, cover with one of the two remaining white circles, and seal.
- Glue a yellow star onto each circle.
And voilà! Why don’t you aim for the stars and give it a shot too?