Reading Incentives for Kids
- Move up levels and earn badges as they read.
- Accumulate valuable RR Miles as they read, which they can redeem in various ways.
- Trade in their RR Miles for a joke or riddle of the day.
- Use their RR Miles to “purchase” rewards that their parents, teachers or librarians have set up for them.
- Make all their “purchases” in their RR Store, which has the look and feel of a true e-commerce experience, and lets kids know which rewards are available to them, based on their available miles or number of books read.
Earning Reading Rewards
As children read, they accumulate valuable RR Miles that they can redeem in various ways! Parents and/or teachers can set up custom rewards, which they can then ‘buy’ with their RR Miles.
They can also buy a silly Joke of the Day or Riddle of the Day. A great reading incentive.
Great Fun for Kids
After logging reading time, children can visit the RR Store to start collecting reading rewards.
Kids love the fun of shopping in the RR Store. It has the look and feel of a true e-commerce experience, that lets kids know which rewards are available to them, based on the miles they’ve earned and the number of books read.
Reading Incentive Ideas
Movie night at home
Movie in the theater
Family game night
Sleepover with friends
- Trip to the dollar store
Prize draw from a treasure box
Extra tickets for a classroom raffle
The right to choose the dessert after dinner
Make/decorate/eat cupcake session
Game console time
And if you’re a teacher looking for some inexpensive & creative reward ideas, please read this very popular post on 11 reading incentives for the classroom.